Addition to the data base
Every gasket manufacturer can publish their gasket data on this data base. Basic requirements however are:
- An adequate EN13555-dataset per gasket type has to be made available. Adding a listing approvals, such as TA Luft etc., where they exist is beneficial. In every case repeated test results are mandatory as this is a minimum requirement in EN 13555. Tests on one gasket type can be completed by multiple test centres and combined together for submission if required. Download the Datasheet-Generator
- Test results (according to 1.) from well known test houses, e.g. Amtec, Cetim, MPA Stuttgart or FH Muenster, will be accepted and placed on the database with no random check testing
- The average values of the performed double-tests will be used for the datasheets.
- Where all the data or parts come from the manufacturer’s laboratory, random tests made at FH Muenster are mandatory. FH Muenster reserves the right to choose the type of test to be carried out. Where the random test result is within an accepted range of tolerance, the whole data set will be accepted, see notes below. Five test samples, of the size specified in EN 13555:2005, have to be provided by the manufacturer for the random tests.
- A letter of agreement has to be signed that the gasket type is allowed to be published on the data base by name.Show Declaration of consent
- Gasket data will be formatted uniformly by FH Muenster and will be sent to the manufacturer for confirmation. Once the manufacturer has signed the confirmation all data will be published on the data base.
Informal request for the addition to the data base:
Note to topic 4:
In case the random test result differs significantly from the initial tests, the following procedure will be adopted :
- FH Muenster will decide what “significant” means. At the time of writing there is no comprehensive body of data which allows the definition of exact scatter bands for each gasket factor required by EN 1591 – 1:2001. In case there are divergent test results,
- the manufacturer and FH Muenster will try to find the reason for the divergence together. If a reason can not be found,
- a second neutral test institute (e.g. Amtec, MPA, Cetim,…) will be included and a further test will be accomplished. If that test is close to one of the previous test results that one will be accepted. If there is again no similarity to be seen,
- FH Muenster will decide whether the data will be published or not.